- This event has passed.
New Year’s Eve Soirée
Mon, December 31, 2018 @ 8:00 pm
Party like it’s 1959 at Sylvia Center’s second annual benefit bash!
ADVANCE TICKETING FOR THE SOIRÉE IS NOW CLOSED. TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED AT THE DOOR BEGINNING AT 8:00PM TONIGHT.
SEPARATE TICKETS FOR THE PRIVATE DINNER MAY BE PURCHASED HERE
Enjoy a truly unique night out, featuring:
- retro/mid-century theme!
- dessert buffet
- champagne toasts!
- live music and dancing with High, Wide and Handsome band and other musical guests!
- no-host bar!
- auctions with locally focused prizes, including a very generous gift certificate to the Willows Inn on Lummi Island, a four-night ‘staycation’ in beautiful Birch Bay, and a gorgeous custom acoustic guitar being hand-crafted right now by our friend, local musician and luthier Devin Champlin, especially for this event!
- an interactive mystery theater experience happening throughout the night, written by Ellie Gordon, Krissa Woiwod, and Glenn Hergenhahn-Zhao!
all while supporting Sylvia Center!
Our appetizer buffet, provided by Bellingham Cider Company, is all gluten-free, and includes:
- Lemongrass Pork Meatballs with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Dill Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraîche
- Bruschetta with Peperonata and Tapenade
- Endive Boats with Thai Caramel-Glazed Pork, Lime, and Carrot
- Fried Celery Root with Blue Cheese Mousse, Poached Apple, and Candied Walnut
Our dessert buffet will feature delicious indulgences donated by multiple local pâtissiers and bakers.
Come dressed to impress in your RETRO BEST, ready to ring in the New Year with a kooky cast of characters in downtown’s newest arts center!
All proceeds benefit Sylvia Center for the Arts. Join us for a truly unforgettable New Year’s and support the future of performing arts in Bellingham!
Soirée admission includes two glasses of champagne (one to kick off the party, and one to ring in the New Year), desserts by local pâtissiers, hijinks, hearty appetizers from Bellingham Cider Company, and a late-night snack-frenzy menu!
$100 General Admission ($75 Early Bird price until December 15!)
$75 Sylvia Center Member
$0 iDiOM Theater 2018–19 Season Passholder
ALSO AVAILABLE (limited seating): join us at Bellingham Cider Company for an exclusive, private dinner preceding the Soirée, at 6:30pm!
Three-course prix fixe menu, provided by Bellingham Cider Co:
(all dishes gluten-free)
- Shareable platter of charred shishito peppers, smoked yogurt, sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Caramelized carrot soup, served with candied pepitas and herb oil
- and either: grilled lamb chops on a bed of creamy polenta with peperonata, OR
Marinated and grilled Cascadia blue oyster mushroom (veg.)
All washed down with a glass of BCC’s delicious handcrafted cider!